I have just completed my lunchtime embroidery project – something started last October as a project to work on in my lunchbreaks. I did the front cover intending it for a small square sketchbook when it was finished.
Once I came to the end of that side I invented a back cover which was a shadow version of the front design in running stitch. I now think I almost prefer the second version. I have been reading about Japanese ways of embelishing, joining and strengthening cloth. Often a practical measure when material is in short supply but often very beautiful in its own right.
Now I’m finished and I have to find a new project for my lunch breaks as I miss it already…. I am considering either Pansies or Bees…. watch this space.