A Big Beret (or the April Hat by mistake….)

Last weekend I decided to make a couple of berets – following on from my beret making course in January…. (I may have a stall coming up in May and would like some new stock). 

I used what I thought was the round template from the course….. which makes a ten or eleven inch beret.  I layed it out last weekend and was all ready to felt and full it yesterday.  But it didn’t seem to be shrinking down to the size I expected and it was then that I noticed the rolled up template on the floor of the studio!  And I realised too late that I had accidentally used a round template for a hat brim – which was about five inches bigger….

So now I have a very big beret!!!

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

I wondered if it was beyond use but I tried it on and scrunched and folded it while it was still damp and actually I quite like it…. even the Scotsman says it has something (although he didn’t specify what!!)

 

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s