On Sunday 15th I am doing a stall at the Spitalfields City Farm Sheep and Wool Fayre 12.00-5.00…Sounds like a fun event.
- They will be shearing their rare breed sheep
- You can have a go at using their wool by learning how it is spun into yarn, then knitted or crocheted into garments. Make felt (someone else is doing this although I will be demonstrating on my stall) and see how the yarn is woven on a table loom to make cloth.
- Children can take part in the activities as well as making toy sheep and badges, get their faces painted like a sheep and the best dressed sheep or farmer will win a prize on the day!
- You can also enter the “guess the weight of the fleece competition” and the now famous “Spitalfields Sheep Stakes” is taking place this year in a slightly different format.
- Also students from the London College of Fashion will be displaying an assortment of their knitted creations.
- There will be refreshments, live music and loads of craft stalls (including me) and all their other friendly animals to say hello to.
Hope to see you there….!